Hotel Y Montreal is different from any other hotels in Montreal because it’s affordable, it is socially engaged with YWCA Montreal and it’s located perfectly in downtown Montreal. Are you thinking about coming for a visit this summer? Here are 5 great activities to do less than 10 mn away from the Hotel Y Montreal that will make you fall in love with the city.
1) Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, a true gold mine close to the Y
Hotel (8 min)
Montreal Museum of Fine Arts is a must see if you stay at the Y Hotel. It is Canada’s most visited museum. Actually, the museum registers nearly 1 000 000 visitors every year. All exhibitions are very unique and often breathtaking.
Our very favorite?
“Love is Love- Wedding Bliss for All” exhibition by Jean Paul Gaultier! It runs from May 27th to October 9th. This exhibition brings together all the most beautiful wedding dresses made by the designer in order to celebrate love and peace. Plan your next visit at the museum by taking a look at the exhibitions calendar for summer 17.
2) Centre Bell, concerts you do not want to miss right next to the Hotel Y Montreal (5 min)
Every year, the Centre Bell welcomes huge names of the music industry who come to spread joy among the crowd. This summer, you will find on stage Ed Sheeran on July 19th, Coldplay on August 8th and 9th, Bruno Mars on August 29th and 30th and even more.
Unforgettable concerts only 5 minutes by walking distance of the Y Hotel! No need to take a cab or to get stuck in the traffic… You love this idea? Take a look at their calendar for the 2017 programme.
3) The famous St-Catherine Street, a national treasure for the fashionistas just around the corner (3 min)
St-Catherine Street is reachable by only 3 minutes of walk from the Hotel Y Montreal. It is worth the detour for its unique energy and the bunch of stores which are waiting for you paying a visit! There are regular stores like H&M, Sephora and Apple but also more prestigious ones like Ogilvy, Birks and Labaie.
In addition, you can find many different restaurants on St-Catherine Street. Perfect for grabbing a bite after a long day of shopping! You’ll certainly find a place you’ll love among its 11 kms.
4) Underground city (RESO), the biggest underground city in the world next to the Y Hotel (5 min)
Montreal’s underground city is an underground network of 30 km that connects 8 subway stations to museums, hotels, universities campus and shops.
Part of that underground city is accessible from the subway station Lucien-L’Allier, a block away from the Hotel. Consequently, this tourist attraction makes you visit and shop effortlessly but also keeps you away from bad weather.
These shopping centers are worthy of a visit:
– The Palais des congrès for its magnificent place Riopelle.
– The Place Ville-Marie for its panoramic view point of Montreal.
– The Centre de commerce mondial for its history, its gorgeous fountain and its remnant of the Berlin Wall.
5) The Old Port, plenty of activities to try out near the Y Hotel (16 min)
Strolls in the Old Port are full of surprises and easily reachable by walking or taking the subway from the Y Hotel.
If you like outdoor activities better…
– For the thrill seekers, it is now possible to fly around town with a great view through the zipline installed in the Old Port.
– Also, if you pass by the Clock Tower beach, take a few minutes to relax away from the city. You can lay on the beach with some sand covering your toes for only 2$.
If you like indoor activities better…
– Montreal Science Center is offering a bunch of interactive exhibitions that will please the whole family.
– Furthermore, there is currently a new show playing at the Clock Tower by the Cirque du Soleil.
Are you ready to discover Montreal and all the fun activities the town has to offer?
Book now your peaceful affordable stay with us at the Y Hotel of Montreal located in the heart of downtown Montreal.